Thursday 20 June 2013

Cute Winter Elf Christmas Card (Saturated Canary)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello Everyone, I hope you enjoyed the fine weather over the weekend, it was glorious here!
 
I decided that for a change, I would make a start on my Christmas cards.
 
So here is my first one, I have used Krista Smiths cute baby elf with candy cane, isn't he sweet.  I have coloured him with promarkers, copics and highlighted with prisma pencils. I also stickled his wings and glazed the little bell on his hat!
 
I didn't want to use too many florals as I think that this card is more male themed, so just a few cherry blossoms.
 
I have used two chipboard sayings "Let it snow and Snow Fun" from unique crafts, I think that they are based in Holland. I threaded the large stitched tag with beautiful organza ribbon from the ribbon girl, the tag also comes with a textured sleeve to slid it into.
 
All papers are magnolia and I have used a large snowflake glittered with diamond dust coarse glitter. The lovely cherry blossoms are also from the hobby house.
 
I hope that you like my card.
Thank you for popping by.
Cuddles Jay xxx
 
I would like to enter the following challenges:
 

7 comments:

  1. wow another gorgeous card but does it have to be christmas we only just go summer lol.

    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for joining us on our first challenge at the Hobby House
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Adorable image and your design is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image and wonderful colouring and design! You have inspired me to make a Christmas card, it might help me get my mojo back!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas card, Jay, beautiful colours and a sweet little elf...lovely shape on your card.
    So glad you joined us for our'L' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge! And good luck,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the detail on your card and the image is so sweet!!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation in our ‘Anything goes - Show your Season’ Challenge
    Do join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene (DT Crafting by Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and totally LOVE LOVE the colour and the way you have coloured him is just perfect too! thanks for letting me find your blog via the message we communicated, hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me your lovely comments, I read each and every one and they really do make my day!
Cuddles Jay xxx